According Wikipedia collaboration means: working with each other to do a task and to achieve shared goals. For selling a solution this means TOGETHER with customers, partners and supplier, defining and providing the right solution to the customer. I performed 2 web searches and the result was amazing.
- Sales Collaboration Tools: returned hundreds of tools and services on how to optimize sales organization and improve the collaboration between sales, marketing and business development departments within 1 company.
- Selling Collaboration Tools: no tools were returned in this search (except one on which I will come back later).
- Basic trust must reside between the parties involved since confidential information is exchanged during the collaboration process. (Top 3 things to do for your b2b customers overcome their information overload).
- The collaboration platform must be available that works across firewalls, supports information sharing based on confidential information rules between the parties involves.
- For B2B sales people it extremely important that specific sales tools are supported by the platform such as: value proposition sharing, Need analysis, Action requests, Team collaboration, Instant expert access and of course partner integration.