Companies can occasionally face obstacles that must be tackled when they are trying to complete projects, meet deadlines, conduct training sessions, and facilitate productive communication between staff members regarding work-related tasks and functions. This can be even more difficult when some employees telecommute, perform their duties from other offices, or attempt to remain an integral team member while traveling. In situations such as these, the use of online collaboration software can provide several advantages to companies where the workforce is separated by geographic distance but must still work effectively and productively. Some of the benefits of online collaboration software and tools include:
- Video conferencing via the Internet allows team members to meet and communicate with each other in real-time.
- Online collaboration tools create an interactive and engaging team environment.
- Travel costs are reduced when collaboration tools can effectively replace face-to-face meetings.
- Office staff and facility reductions are possible when team members can telecommute or work remotely and participate in work-related conferences and meetings.
- Online collaboration requires nothing more than an Internet-enabled device and Internet access, and contributions to projects and tasks can be offered from any location around the globe.
- Collaboration software permits exchange of information and ideas at the speed of a text message.